2007年3月20日 星期二

2006 Count Down.Depressing? Or Surprising?

It's the last day of this year 2006 at office. Wow, one year sure pass fast... Well, at the end of one year there's always the countdown. Who are you going to spend the last second with? Usually I would imagine to spend with people worthwhile.

Couple years before when I was still in highschool; yes that is long time ago..., I spent the New Year Countdowns with either my friends (at parties) or my family (at home watching television countdown which I love to do...) I have never seen any point of going to Count Down Parties hosted by Televsion Companies. I certainly do not enjoy counting down with a bunch of crowds I am totally not familiar with.

When I was in SFU, I remember countdowns I spent with close friends and people who I care and care for me. That is a meaningful countdown. Cuddle every vanishing second together with close friends.

During my work times in LA, I remember one year countdown. I was invited to a New Year Party (of course those huge ones hosted by big marketing companies) with new "LA" friends at the Mayfair Hotel (If I remember correctly) in Hollywood. You went in, you saw a bunch of people, you pay a lot, you drink cheap punch of paid beverage (alcohol) and you social with your friends or try to pick up someone. That was in a small ballroom full of people. A bunch of people I don't know. That is one of the WORST countdowns I've ever been to. I HATE spending countdowns with unfamiliar people. The last second of a year should be with people who really care for you and who you really care for. That is the opening of one year!

Last year, I spent my countdown at a little cat coffee shop in Taipei with Michael (my brother) and friends from Junior Chamber of Commerce in Taipei. Well, I was soooooo busy for work and traveling to China. So, that was fine. Spending with pretty good friends and my work. Hoping for next year.

This year... I am spending my countdown with Jim of course. ---> and a bunch of people I don't know--->his friends. Well, I know it is nice to spend with his friends for him, but certainly not for me. Sigh... the art of compromising. What can I say? Well, I hope it will be fun. I hope I fit in. And I hope at the last second I am with the right people. I am with really who I want to be with.

Surprising? I don't know, we will just have to see.

Well, afterall, Happy New Year! At least we're walking towards 2007.


2006/12/29

沒有留言: