2007年3月20日 星期二

Train Rides to the North Pole

Well, one normal working afternoon in Taiwan... I woke up from lunch naps and opened the MSN Messenger window again. I saw poor Cat having this funny title: "Dear Rudolf can you please stop by my house and pick me up to the North Pole". The title was something like that I couldn't remember the exact wording. So I decided to step in to reveal a secret to this poor soul. The below is posted on Catriona's Blog. So thank Cat for doing the organizing :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 轉載自Catriona's Blog http://cchengd.spaces.live.com/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c02_owner=1

December 20

Dear Rudolf

In the midst of my can-be-somewhat-stressful-at-times job for the past little while, I changed my MSN caption to "Dear Rudolf..would you please drop by and take me to the North Pole" wishfully thinking that maybe I can receive a complimentary reality-delete treatment on top of a cure for brain freeze...Katy responds by the following...

well, your ticket is at 11:55pm on Dec. 23rd

Catriona - Dear Rudolf says: what?

"your train ticket to the North Pole, modern rudolph is replaced by a high tech train. Entrance will be by your fireplace. just lit up the fire and wait at 11:55pm

Baggage check in will be "on" the train. I repeat, "on" the train. Please do not throw into the fireplace. Lots of passengers did that and complained to baggage claim services. we still have a lot of cases to settle about this. There will be Amtrack Elfs checking your baggage "on" the train so don't you worry about it.

I'm very serious. I have actually just recieved this temporary job from the Northpole Christmas Amtrack Transportation Corporation.

our owner is Mr. Santa Claus

sorry, with a "K", Klaus. he is not very happy if we misspelled it. he will publish employees who misspelled his name on the monthly North Pole Amtrack Newsletter...

You will have to exchange the money with the snowman once you have arrive at your station. you will be arriving at the last station called New Northern Pole Station. This is a new station and since this is your first time there, I have arranged to you a better Condo with high speed internet as you got overe at your home.

By the way, I haven't finish about the exchanging money part. When you arrive, you go to the Schillings Exchange Window. They take Canadian. Well, they are very friendly to Canadians as you know... Canada is closer to the North Pole and less polution generated by Canada. So the exchange rate is better. You will exchange your Canadian Dollar to Northern Rupens.

You can only use Rupens over there and only around this time. They only take visitors from Thanksgiving on till Jan. 2nd. Just one day after the New Year Party. The exchange rate is 1:17. 17 is Rupens.

Ask for the First timer visitor's guideline from the Elf on the train otherwise you'll be pretty lost. Your ticket is good for all the public transportation in the North Pole. But if you want to rent a car/ride, you will have to pay extra.

The ride services are actually provides by reindeers. "Only" over there. I do not suggest you ride the reindeers by yourself cause I don't think you'll ever pass the test.

Plus I don't think with the short visit over there you should spend one day to learn and take the reindeer tests. The trainees are horrible and they are very strict on issuing raindeer rider's license to visitor.

Just tell the Your Condo manager to call a reinxi for you. It'll get you anywhere. The town is not as big as canada.

Reinxi is short for reindeer taxi. see you people.... first timers... oh my god... don't ask this question over there other wise you'll get ripped off when you buy souveniers over there.

Don't forget to buy me snowmellows. I only want that as a present... I've already paid your ticket for your alraedy as a christmas gift to you. Don't let other people know cause the train tickets are sold out. They'll have to book it next year. Next year you can plan a more deluxe trip since you've been there already."

And my friends..that's Katy..Always full of crazy ideas! That's why we luv her! All I needed was a hug and a pat on the head but you gave alot more than that with your story..thanks babe!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Told you all I wanted to be a writer... But Cat, always there for you and a little bit of imagination creats a whole lot of fascination. Let loose from the poluted society we are in now sometimes, we can still find our first smile in our memories. Don't be too stressed at work! :)

To you and to my husband Jim. He has it all and knows it all. Kekeke...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! ~~~



2006/12/21

沒有留言: